Discovered By Music – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL
NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
This Promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom who are aged between 14 – 24 years, excluding employees of Select models, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- You must have permission parent/ guardian to enter this competition if you are under 18 years old
- Promotion Period: The Promotion runs from 00.01 on 5th September 2014 until 23:59 on 28th January 2015.
- No purchase necessary, however a valid email account and internet access is required.
To Enter: Email your details and upload three images of yourself
- All entries must:
- Be natural i.e. no makeup;
- Front facing;
- Not include a pose;
- Have hair as natural as possible but away from your face;
- Not include hats, sunglasses etc;
- Be in colour;
- Not be a body shot;
- Have no editing software/filters;
- Have been taken in the last 3 months.
- Please ensure you are free to participate in the photo shoot s 7th or 8th February, if you are selected as a shortlisted entrant and finalist.
- All entries must be received by the end of the Promotion Period to be valid and no liability is accepted for illegible, incomplete or late entries.
- Maximum of one entry per person throughout the Promotion Period. All other entries shall be void.
- The Prizes:
- Main Prize: 1 winner will win:
- 1 x potential model agreement with Select model management agency,which will last as long as the winner wishes to stay at Select model management and as long as Select model management can book jobs for the winner (please see clause 15 for further details);
- Main fashion piece in Hunger magazine (print), with Q&Aii. House of Holland jacket 10. Runners up prize: Fashion feature for Hunger Tv online
- Main Prize: 1 winner will win:
- We reserve the right to offer alternative prizes, of equal or greater value.
13. Winner Selection:
- Stage 1: All valid entries received throughout the Promotion Period will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Good bone structure & jaw line.
- Entrants photographing well.
All entries that are deemed to comply with the above will be contacted via Discovered By Music, NOT Select model management, to request more information such as your location, age, measurements and 1 x head shot photo, 1 x profile (side) photo, 1 x full body photo and a video. Entrants must respond to with this information within 3 days from notification to discoveredbymusic@
castandelect.com otherwise will be disqualified from the competition.
- All valid entries received will then be judged by a panel of judges containing of one member of staff from Discovered By Music, Select model management, House of Holland and Hunger Tv. The judges will select 5 shortlisted entries based on the following criteria:
- Interesting features;
- Fit and healthy appearance;
The top 5 entries will be notified by the 30th January 2015. Shortlisted entrants must respond to the notification within 3 days.
The the winning entry will be notified on 1st February 2015. The winner must respond to the notification by the 3rd February and must be available to participate in a photo shoot on either 7th or 8th February 2015.
Travel is included to the value of £100 per finalist but accommodation is not included.
- We will reject (without judging) entries which, in our reasonable opinion:
- Contain any content that is likely to be considered offensive by us or could reflect negatively the name, reputation, or goodwill of any brand partner;
- Include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by you or used without the right holder’s prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.);
- Defames, misrepresents, or insult other people or companies, including, but not limited to Discovered By Music (including its partners); and
- Promotes any political agenda.
- Further Main Prize (model agreement) details:
- Select model management will not be responsible for the cost of travel for any jobs that the agency book for you;
- By signing a model agreement with Select model management, you agree to behave in an appropriate way that does not bring Select model management into disrepute;
- If you do not work for 3 consecutive months, Select model management will be entitled to terminate the model agreement with you as this would be in your and Select model management best interest; and
- By accepting the prize, you accept to be bound by Discovered By Music model agreement terms and conditions.
- Although it is not prohibited, it is preferred that all entrants do not present with any overt or visible piercings or tattoos.
- Shortlisted entrants may be required to provide proof of age and identity and any documentation as reasonably required to validate their eligibility to participate in winner selection.
- All expenses not explicitly set out in these Terms and Conditions will be the responsibility of the shortlisted entrants and finalists.
19. Use of the Images: By submitting an image, you grant Discovered By Music and its associated companies a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence for a term of 6 months to use those images (including comments you submit in connection with any image) in any and all media (including without limitation on its social media channels, websites and tangible media) without accreditation or notification. If a participant requests Discovered By Music to remove the image after the end of the term of this licence, Discovered By Music duty to do so will be limited to those channels still reasonably under its control. Discovered By Music bears no liability for use of any images in accordance with these terms.
- Data Privacy: Entrants’ personal data will be used for promotion purposes only by Discovered By Music and Select model management and will be held in accordance with their respective Privacy Policies.
- Invalid Entries: Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries submitted by or via third parties or syndicates, entries submitted by macros or other automated means, and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant’s entries into the draw in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that participant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- To the extent permitted by law, Discovered By Music shall not be liable to the winner for any loss or damage whatsoever caused (whether in contract, tort (including (without limitation) negligence), statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the prize draw and prize.
- Discovered By Music or Select model management will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of Discovered or Select model management Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to lost, delayed or not received registrations or winner notifications.
- In the event of any dispute our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the promotion, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms & conditions and by the decisions of Discovered By Music, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If for any reason the Promotion or the prize is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion), we reserve the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.27. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond our reasonable control and which prevents us from complying with these terms and conditions or operating the promotion as originally intended, Discovered By Music will not be liable for any failure to perform, run or delay in performing its obligations.
- These terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
Promoter: Cast and Elect